Friday, February 10, 2012

Kris Kross will make ya, JUMP JUMP

I'll make ya bump, bump wiggle and shake your rump! :) Today is time for going back in time a few years. Today's challenge is bound to make you feel like you are back on the playground and feeling like a schoolgirl/boy!

Before we can get on with today's challenge, you'll need to do 4 simple things:
  • Put on some comfortable clothes that allow you to move freely
  • Lace up your trainers/sneakers.
  • Grab a glass of water
  • Go to your child's room and grab one of these:


Yes, a jump rope! Jumping/skipping rope is a fabulous way to get some great cardio and really get your heart pumping. Jumping rope doesn't have to be boring, there are so many variations you can do. For today, just do something simple, whatever is comfortable for you. I challenge you to do 500 skips today and record how long it takes you. Keep this because you'll want to try and beat that time next time you challenge yourself to 500 skips! A little over a year ago when I first started my journey I could barely get 500 skips in 10 minutes! Now I'm well under 5 minutes when I hunker down and challenge myself to do this!

So go on, what are you waiting for? One of the cheapest, easiest to obtain pieces of cardio equipment is probably on the floor of your child's room. Go on, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

They like me, they really really like me!